Bali - Java 9D/8N
Day I – South Africa/Bali, Indonesia
The excitement is high as we board our overnight flight from South Africa to Denpasar, Bali, for an unforgettable journey that matters.
Day II – Seminyak (meal included: Lunch & Dinner)
We arrive in Denpasar and transfer to Seminyak, the city centre, with various restaurants and nightlife entertainment. We enjoy some Indonesian cuisine which uses organic spices and greens, offering a gastronomic twist and has outstanding health benefits. We can enjoy our day walking down to the beach for our first Bali sunset or just browsing some local shops at leisure. At the end of the day we will have dinner in the Seminyak area. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in Seminyak area.
Day III – Uluwatu/Tabanan (meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Today we drive through to Uluwatu visiting one of the biggest cultural parks in Garuda Wisnu Kencana and enjoy a traditional Balinese dance. We have a light lunch surrounded by spectacular views before we drive to one of the most famous Hindu temples, Tanah Lot. We end our day by having scrumptious seafood with our feet in the sand at a beachfront restaurant whilst watching the sun set over magical Bali. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in Seminyak area.
Day IV – Ubud/Kintamani/Jimbaran (meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
We start the day by exploring an art museum to treat our eyes to a rich collection of Balinese and Indonesian art. From the museum we go for lunch at our restaurant overlooking Mount Batur with its beautiful lake. After lunch we head to Trunyan, a village on the banks of Batur lake, with its very unique burial practice where the locals leave the corpse in the open after the cleansing process. We take a local boat to get to the cemetery. The Taru Menyan tree in the centre of the cemetery island emanates a certain scent that keeps the corpses from smelling. After a long day of unique experiences we end our day by having Balinese cuisine in a local restaurant. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in Seminyak area.
Day V – Bali/Yogyakarta (meal included: Breakfast & Dinner)
After breakfast we head to the airport to board our flight to Yogyakarta and enjoy the rest of the day exploring the vibrant city, trying some local foods or browsing some shops and markets at leisure. Indulge yourself in the friendliness of this laid back city. For dinner we will head to a local restaurant. After dinner we can explore the buzzing centre of Yogyakarta, Malioboro Road. This road changes after sunset into a beating heart, with wonderful local street food restaurants, interesting shops and exciting nightlife. This is a uniquely Yogyakartan experience. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in city centre.
Day VI – Malioboro/Kotagede (meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
This morning we visit the beautiful Hindu temple of Prambanan. From here we will visit an arts and crafts centre to admire the silver artworks and learn about the silver making process in Kotagede. We enjoy traditional Javanese cuisine located in one of the historical buildings in the oldest area of Yogyakarta. We end our day by having dinner at a beautiful local theatre whilst watching the traditional Ramayana Ballet. The performance is full of colour and at 40 years it’s the longest running theatre production in Indonesia. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in city centre.
Day VII – Yogyakarta/Kaliurang/Magelang (meal included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
After breakfast, we will drive to Mount Merapi and explore the history of what the mountain did during its last eruption in 2010. This will be done in some old style Jeeps. After an adventurous trip, we will visit a Javanese culture and art museum and enjoy our lunch in a restaurant surrounded with a breathtaking view. Hereafter, we visit Borobudur, the biggest Buddhist temple in the world and a UNESCO Heritage site. We end our day by enjoying dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight at 4-star accommodation in city centre.
Day VIII - Yogyakarta/Bali/Cape Town (meal included: Breakfast & Lunch)
We end our tour by having Indonesian cuisine at a local restaurant. Sadly it is time for us to leave Dua Pulau Indonesia and board our overnight flight from Bali to South Africa.
Day XIV – South Africa
We arrive in South Africa.
- Additional peak season surcharges, compulsory dinners and special conditions may apply during peak seasons.
- The tour price is a guideline only and based on two persons travelling together, sharing a double or twin room in four-star accommodation.
- Single travellers who are not willing to share a twin room will have to pay the single supplement.
- Tour and airfare prices include all applicable taxes and are subject to change without prior notice until services are booked.
This tour includes the following:
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary (Bali – Yogyakarta – Bali).
- Domestic Airport taxes where applicable.
- Four-star accommodation with daily breakfast.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary – 6x lunches and 6x dinners.
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of a private driver in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking local guide.
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sites visited:
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana
- Tanah Lot
- Trunyan Village
- ARMA Museum Bali
- Prambanan temple
- Silver Art Workshop
- Ramayana Ballet
- Mount Merapi Adventure
- Ullen Sentalu Museum
- Borobudur temple
- All parking fees.
- Daily bottled drinking water in vehicle.
Not included in this tour:
- International flights.
- Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas (all South African Nationals are exempt of any visa fees for 30 days to Indonesia).
- All additional travel to and from Cape Town/Johannesburg (local and international & domestic connecting flights) that does not form part of the tour itinerary.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- All meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary.
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, mini bar at hotel etc.).
- Personal travel and medical insurance.
- All service gratuity e.g. room service, bell boys, restaurant waiters, guide, driver, airport porters, etc.
**Contact us for tour date availability and rate
*** Images used are generic and are not representative of your booking